Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are seeking a Sr. Accountant to perform functions for several legal entitles. You will utilize your knowledge of general ledger accounting practices, GAAP and/or IFRS and knowledge of our accounts and systems to identify errors, omissions and discrepancies. You will handle challenging and/or high volume accounts. As the Sr. Accountant, you will determine whether to make accruals or adjustments, identify sources of discrepancies and resolve with other offices or outside counterparties. This is a role that will require the ability prioritize workload throughout the month to ensure meeting of deadlines. This role is based in our Lenexa, KS office and will report to the General Ledger Manager.
- Responsible for monthly closing of financial books timely and accurately. This includes reviewing and documenting variances for management to ensure no omissions or errors in the transactions for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Responsible for making timely and accurate manual journal entries in accordance to GAAP, IFRS and Corbion internal controls; review and post journal entries appropriately.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly ensuring variances are researched and resolved timely.
- Answer email/phone inquiries from internal and external customers in timely and professional manner.
- Work closely with other departments (Operations and Sales) to ensure that there are no surprises during close. Ensure preplanning with other departments happen regularly for closes.
- Support internal and external audits as required.
- Initiate automation whenever deem fit to the manual processes. This can include special projects, implementation, analysis from systems, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Participate in team events to foster cohesive team spirit.
- Other duties as determined by business needs
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related business degree
- 3+ years of general accounting experience, resulting in a solid understanding of general ledger practices and GAAP compliance
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word-processing software, (e.g., Excel and MS Word) and various accounting systems/ databases.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; with ability to analyze account variances
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Medical, Nutrition, Medical Device, Healthcare