Guards industrial property and employee safety against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Documents all visitors entering plant; records their name, company they represent and who they are here to see.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as safety, smoking, loitering, and assists in expelling persons found to be engaging in suspicious or criminal acts off premises.
- Regulates vehicle speed and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Periodically patrols plant grounds and inspects buildings, plant grounds, loading dock and work site.
- Examines doors, windows and gates to determine they are secure.
- Watches for and reports any irregularities such as security doors/gates left unlock, safety hazards (fire, ammonia leaks, etc.) and any other potentially dangerous occurrence.
- Notifies Plant Manager, Shift Superintendent, and/or Safety Coordinator in case of fire, presence of unauthorized persons or other emergency situations.
- Serves as member of our Emergency Response Team.
- Follows all safety guidelines set forth by the Company.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system; answers incoming telephone calls; keeps log of incoming calls; determines purpose of call and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department; takes messages when appropriate personnel not available; operates paging system to call individuals to phone; provides callers with facility address, directions and general information.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.