Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide protection of all client#39;s assets including people, property, and information.
• Monitor shipping/receiving docks, alarm systems, access controls, parking lots, and all other key areas in the Distribution Center.
• Enforces facility visitor procedures, observes employees and merchandise entering and exiting the facility.
• Monitors Compliance of established fire and safety regulations and completes regular loss prevention reports.
• Applicants must be able to work weekends, holidays, over time, and night shifts with a varied work schedule.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS Diploma, Bachelor#39;s Degree Preferred
• 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience
• 3 years of security experience
• Will consider candidates with a strong regulatory or compliance background.
• Experience in CCTV equipment and operation and installation a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Good conflict resolution skills
• Must be able to maintain a professional manner and effectively handle all situations
• Lifting up to 50lbs on a regular basis, standing and moving up to 100% of the time.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.