Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
The Bakery Applications Team plays a key role in developing new products for the baking industry, supporting the sales team, procurement, operations, and business development. This team works closely with the bakery industry team and RDA technology teams in leading and executing projects that will deliver products that will meet the market and customer needs.
We are seeking a proactive Scientist to join our Bakery Applications Team in Totowa, New Jersey. You will execute bakery projects to develop new and improved products to address the needs of the market and our customers.
- Work as a technical leader and/or a team member in a cross-functional team environment to deliver business needed results.
- Conduct and manage assigned projects independently. This includes up front knowledge seeking on newly assigned projects, developing and executing the technical plans, collecting and analyzing data, communicating project status and results internally and externally, generating reports and making presentations. All while adhering to the needed timelines and cost constraints.
- Transfer bench top development to pilot scale production and to retail/wholesale manufacturing.
- Work directly with customers in launching new products, giving trainings on new technologies, and helping trouble shoot problems and offer technical solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource for both internal and external customers.
- Be flexible in taking additional tasks as needed to support company#39;s business goals.
- A BS degree in Bakery Science, Food Science, Cereal Chemistry, or related fields with 3ly+ years technical experience/development work with a major food or food ingredient company is required. A Masters, AIB, or CMB a plus, but not required.
- Must be a broadly trained food science technologist with baking experience that possess strong application knowledge in functional ingredients related to baking. This includes such categories as grains, flours, starches, fibers, sweeteners, hydrocolloids, lipids, enzymes, oxidation, emulsifiers, preservatives and leavening agents.
- Strong formulation and industrial processing knowledge relating to bakery products, required.
- Knowledgeable with frozen dough formulation/product development.
- A customer focus, drive for results/can-do mentality is a must. Capable of building trusted relationship with customers and become their go-to expert.
- Highly motivated self-starter with time-management skills, with the passion of driving for results.
- Strong people skills (both in leading a project and in working with peers and management) are a must with open and clear communication skills. Capable of working effectively in cross-functional team environment.
- Team-player: Builds on expertise of others, and is able to connect the dots to drive for optimal results for Corbion.
- Competent in project management.
- Understanding of experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- May need to travel overnight 20-30%.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.