We are looking for a Senior Technical Data Engineer/Application Developer to join the team to help build global business focused APIs that incorporate data sourced from RDBMS, streaming, API, and 3rd party supplied files. You will be working with several teams to source data and business rules and developing RESTful APIs hosted in AWS native services and CloudFoundry/Fargate to deliver refined data sets that standardize identifiers, codes, business logic and data schemas across multiple lines of business.
The candidate should demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment. Our ideal candidate takes pride in software craftsmanship, is curious, proactive, ego-less and collaborative. He/she must be able to think through hard problems and work with an autonomous team to make them reality. We expect developers to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas.
You must be proficient in modern API development practices and common deployment patterns using mostly open source toolsets such as AWS, CloudFoundry/Fargate, Akka Http, Play. Prior experience with designing JSON and/or AVRO data schemas is required.
We are a cloud first organization and will require general fluency in writing efficient SQL queries, basic understanding of SQL performance tuning, and experience with translating relational data models into JSON/AVRO schema objects.
· Scala or Java(preferably Scala)
· Experience building Microservices/REST APIs
· Experience working with JSON/AVRO schema
· Experience with one of RDBMS/ANSI SQL systems
· Experience with one of the Cloud services(AWS a plus)
· Apache Kafka/Kafka Connect is a huge plus
· Requires a Bachelor#39;s degree or 5-10 years’ experience in field or related area.
· Experience with any oAuth providers is a huge plus
· Experience in writing Unit test cases
· No SQL DBs
· Jenkins is a big plus
· Other current web enabled programming languages
· Experience setting technical direction, patterns, and coding standards