McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Sanitor reporting to a Gavin Gaesser . This individual will work at the Flavor Manufacturing Center located in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the direct supervision of the Quality Systems Manager, incumbent will perform continuous sanitation of both equipment and surrounding areas of Production and the Warehouse. The Sanitor will also focus attention on the microorganisms impacted by the sanitation process. Position will work to maintain the Flavor Manufacturing Center in "tour-ready" condition.
- Maintain equipment, areas in production and non-production departments in clean and orderly condition per Company, Regulatory Agency, and Supplier Food Safety and Food Quality standards
- Operate equipment within specifications
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Transport materials (using manual and PIT methods)
- Utilize computer based and manual systems (SAP, Traksys, ESIS, ASIS, Excel, Manual tracking logs)
- Execute Master Sanitation Schedule
- Work independently or with a team and utilize problem solving tools (5 Why) to determine root cause, eliminate losses, and improve processes
- Mix, handle, and transport chemicals in a safe manner
- Utilize power washers, foamers and HVLP water hoses to ensure the cleanliness of equipment
- Perform In-Process and Preoperational Inspection of equipment and areas
- Operate powered industrial machinery to clean production and non-production areas (example: scissor/man lift, fork lift and floor scrubbing equipment)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years manufacturing experience
- Intermediate computer skills
- Basic math skills
- PIT experience and ability to obtain PIT license and operate PIT equipment/SPC
- Basic knowledge of hand tools
- Basic understanding of chemical or commodity interactions
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- Sanitation experience
- Experience in a TPM environment
- Team-based work environment
- SAP experience
- Experience problem solving mechanical stoppages and product quality variability issues
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.