Job Title: SANITATION WORKER
Reports To: Maintenance Manager/Quality Assurance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Sanitation Worker performs duties to clean break room, restrooms, facility grounds and office areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other Duties may be assigned.
- Clean restrooms, empty and wash trash containers, sweep floors, stock paper goods, clean fixtures, and mop floors.
- Empty trash and mop floors in production offices.
- Clean break room, empty trash, clean tables, clean refrigerator, sweep floor, stock napkins, mop floor and wash trashcans.
- Vacuum front offices, empty trashcans, clean restrooms, and mop floors.
- Facility grounds keeping as assigned.
- Fill in on bottling lines as needed.
- Recycle corrugate and keep area clean.
- Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, waste, etc.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS (including physical attributes)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Sanitation experience is a plus.
- Ability to use the following equipment: broom, crusher, pump sprayer, hose, vacuum, trash compactor, floor scrubber, scissor lift, and sweeper.
- Ability to be on feet majority of shift, frequent walking and standing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use cobweb brush while carrying 10 20 ft. distance.
- Ability to withstand some exposure to noise, lubricants, chemicals, and occasionally hot or cold working conditions.