At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Hours: Mostly Day Shift 32-40 hours per week
Flexibility in start/end times each day
Your Seat at the table:
Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the process equipment and building exterior to establish a clean environment for producing and packaging quality products. Helps to ensure compliance with government sanitation requirements. Process product debris for recycling and/or trash. Assists pest control technicians by noting and communicating pest activity.
Essential Job Duties:
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, climb, crawl, stoop, and/or bend, work off ladders and on silos and in confined spaces.
- Lock-out Tag-out trained, BBP clean up trained.
- Must be able to safely operate all of Sanitation’s equipment – such as but not limiting to, scissor lifts, skid steer, forklift, floor scrubbers, high pressure washers, dry ice machine, dry steamers, etc.
- Perform all tasks at high efficiency levels.
- Must be able to identify whatever is being worked on, is clean or not.
- Follow standard operating procedures for cleaning.
- May perform other duties as required
What you bring to the table
- High School or G.E.D. preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lift, push and pull
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when needed
- A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!