Job title: Sanitation technician
Reporting to: QA Manager
Location: Theodore, AL
2 positions - 1 day shift, 1 afternoon shift
Purpose of the position
Key job responsibilities are to execute the companys and plants vision and mission by assuring that all common areas and equipment are maintained clean and sanitary.
Responsibilities & duties
Responsibility 1 Sanitation technician (Sanitor) will clean and sanitize all common areas where employees, contractors, and guests frequently touch, handle, push, pull, or hold on a regular basis. These areas and equipment therein are to be wiped clean and sanitized with approved sanitizing chemicals on a routine basis repeated throughout the work shift.
These areas include:
Front entrance vestibule
2nd floor hallway
Man-Doors through-out the plant:
Equipment, appliances, hardware, and office furniture includes, but not limited to, the following:
Doors, door handles and crash bars
Buttons (phones, appliances, scanners, vending machines)
File cabinets and cabinets in general
Table and desktops
Chairs and chair arm rests
Broom handles and other tool handles
Water fountain push bars
Hand washing sink faucets and controls
Hard hats and safety glasses
Pens and writing instruments or markers
Responsibility 2 Sanitor will perform cleaning and sanitation in a thorough and safe manner.
Responsibility 3 Sanitor will adhere to all current GMPs, SSOPs, procedures, and quality requirements.
Responsibility 4 Sanitor will maintain a safe, clean, organized work area throughout common areas.
Responsibility 5 -Sanitor will maintain designated sanitizer spray bottles and hand sanitizer containers with appropriately labelled sanitizer >50% full at all times.
Responsibility 5 -Sanitor may be reassigned to perform other duties as needed and required.
Must have HS Diploma or GED
Work experience & skills
- 1+ years in manufacturing preferred, sanitation is a plus.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to perform all tasks when and where assigned and as changing situations arise.
- Maintain professional and positive attitude and work ethic.
- Must follow all GMPs and work consistent with all safety (food safety and occupational safety), quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English language, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, perform jobs and assigned tasks, work under pressure, and possess basic mechanical and electrical comprehension.
- Willing and able to wear personal protective equipment including safety eye glasses/shields, gloves, masks, hard had, hearing protection, and slip resistant footwear.
- Willing and able to handle, mix, and apply sanitizing chemicals.