Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Sanitation Technician - 3rd Shift
ConAgra Brands (Vlasic) located in Imlay City, Michigan, is seeking Sanitation Technicians for 3rd shift. The Sanitation Worker plays a key role in quality assurance by maintaining high standards of cleanliness that meet industry standards. Sanitation duties are performed on the midnight shift. The position provides full time hours normally 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Weekend overtime required as scheduled. The hourly rate is $13.98/hour plus 3rd shift premium of $0.40/hr.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Rx
- Life Insurance (Optional Spouse & Child)
- Eleven paid holidays
- 401(k) with match
This position is physically demanding requiring routine lifting, bending, climbing and walking. High pressure hoses are utilized to clean industrial equipment, walls, ceilings, etc. Sanitation workers will be exposed to wet working conditions.
- Cleaning/sanitizing production equipment, machines, and work areas in food processing facility
- Responsible for handling and preparing cleaning chemicals, preparing sanitizers, preparing chemical concentrations, handling and storing the chemicals
- Significant strength is required for many cleaning operations. Sanitation Workers must be able to control high-pressure hoses (e.g. 250 psi is common), lift heavy containers of chemicals, and empty trash receptacles around production
- Work alone or with a team, but collaborate extensively with other staff to ensure that food safety and work space cleanliness achieved
- Ability to learn and follow cleaning procedures, disassembly/reassembly of equipment as required
- Ability to work safely and participate in training specific to safe chemical handling procedures
- Must ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization
- Understand the Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection Regulations
- Ability to complete and maintain all paperwork in a neat an orderly fashion
- Must have reliable/consistent attendance and attention to duties
- Must be available to work weekend overtime as required
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, push/pull, walk, and reach constantly during each shift
- Ability to wear required PPE (Wet Gear, Chemical Shield/Gloves)
- Ability to lift 30 - 50 lbs. Consistently
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55lbs as required (75 - 90lbs occasionally with a team member)
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.