$.75 Shift Differential for 3rd Shift
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
$15.00 hr. + $.75 Shift differential
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
This position is responsible for effective cleaning in specified areas of the facility. The primary focus will be on ensuring health safety and food safety from day to day. This will be accomplished by understanding and applying GMP’s, SSOP’s, plant policies and procedures. All employees, customers and consumers benefit from the work of the sanitarian ensuring a safe product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Disassemble, clean, sanitize and reassemble some production equipment along with cleaning and sanitizing the production work areas with the use of pressure sprayers, foamers, and other sanitation equipment.
- Assist in setup and start of designated production equipment such as ovens, pasteurizers, etc.
- Assist in Clean Out of Place (COP) procedures.
- Inspect and maintain rodent control stations.
- Complete the proper paperwork required of the position.
- Assist in production jobs as needed.
- Be a team member.
- Assist in use of power jacks and forklifts as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Driver’s license
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Safety regulations, and Sanitation procedures for the area
- Basic mechanical skills with the ability to disassemble and reassemble production equipment
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to learn Confined Space Entry procedures and Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO)
- Learn and adhere to chemical safety training
- Strong attention to detail when reassembling equipment
- Ability to work indoors in a damp environment with industrial strength cleaners and chemicals
- Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the position
- Good writing, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely
- Ability to achieve Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification
- The equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
- Medical (HSA/PPO)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan w/ match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive Plan
Keywords: hourly,manufacturing, manufacture, product,labor,production, clean, cleaning, sanitation, sanitize, night, power jack, sanitary, food, safety, benefits, vacation, pto