You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you re thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks everyday!
DAY SHIFT (SAT/SUN 12 hours and Two 8-Hour shifts Mon-Fri)
AFTERNOON SHIFT (FRI-TUES 8-Hour shifts)
Your seat at the table
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for thoroughly cleaning all equipment throughout the facility. This individual will be using chemicals and power washers to ensure the cleanliness of all our equipment along with the rest of the facility. The sanitation technician will work with the production team to assure that all proper checks and cleans are in place and communicated on a regular basis. Additional duties include training and preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database and other duties as assigned. The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing. This position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor.
What you bring to the table
- Shift Available: Must be available to work a variety of shifts based on the plant/sanitation/production
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates.
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area.
- Time Management Must be able to follow standard work instructions. This team member should be highly detail oriented and self-motivated. Dedication, dependability, and willingness to learn are a must.
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Other Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to janitorial and housekeeping duties along with other various duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now