Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Sanitation - Weekends Only 6am-6pm, Fri-Sun, Optional: 4am-8am Mon
Your seat at the table
The Sanitation position is responsible for production and non-production areas of the plant, as outlined in the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), working to prevent product contamination and adulteration, following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety.
This individual will work on all aspect of cleaning from the ceilings to the floor and will be trained to operator a forklift and a scissor lift. Responsible for thoroughly cleaning all manufacturing equipment, and will use chemicals and power washers to ensure cleanliness, maintain necessary records and sanitation cleaning logs. May also be require to clean office areas, hallways, locker rooms and break rooms, to include clean up of trash and vacuum carpets. Clean up outside grounds as needed and snow removal in walkways to the plant. Performs additional related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table
Education and Work Experience
- High school education or GED equivalent
- Prior experience in industrial cleaning with the use of industrial power-washing equipment and chemical cleaning a plus, and/or janitorial services cleaning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of counting and basic math
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to read and comprehend written material
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
- Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to climb or balance
- Must be able to lift above head and shoulders
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- Ability to adjust focus
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes exposure to: High temperatures, fumes or airborne particles; Moving mechanical parts and vibration; Loud noise levels; Allergens; Elevated heights and Hot surfaces.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!