At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Sanitation Team Leader
2nd Shift RTE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach 2nd shift Sanitation members at Meadowside to deliver continuous improvement in the areas of safety, food safety/quality, cost of goods manufactured, customer service, Member development and BPTW.
- Develop best practices for effective and efficient cleaning and operation of all related equipment.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety specifications are met. Train and coach Members on those processes. Be responsible for the performance, productivity and efficient utilization of resources.
- Create an environment that ensures Member involvement and implementation of programs, ideas, and guidelines that ensure fairness to all Members and improve Member morale and work life.
- Ensure appropriate Coaches/Members are kept informed of all problems, issues, and events that could affect safety, food safety/quality, cost, customer service, Member development and BPTW.
- Participate/facilitate in daily GRILL meetings and participate in projects when they come up.
- Be responsible for the crewing and scheduling of members as well as verifying timecards for accuracy
- Grow, develop, and stretch yourself by continuing to find new and better ways to meet your commitments to yourself, your team and to Johnsonville.
- Prepare production equipment for cleaning by locking out machinery and covering all necessary electrical equipment with plastic.
- Teardown equipment according to best practice within the department you work to prepare for sanitation.
- Proper handling and use of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Dry clean, pre-rinse, foam, scrub, post rinse, wipe condensation, and sanitize production equipment, ensuring that all areas meet Johnsonville s and USDA s standards of acceptability.
- Setup equipment according to best practice within the department you work to prepare for production.
- Ability to perform the necessary operations for the production of all sausage types manufactured within the department you work.
- Must be able to complete and review sanitation and production documentation paperwork accurately.
- Supervise cleanliness and sanitation of production equipment, ensuring that all areas meet Johnsonville s and USDA s standards of acceptability.
- Assist in the conduct and review of environmental and bioluminescence swabbing and results.
- Ability to create new processes or procedure s.
- Provide team Members with the opportunity, to make commitments (goals/targets) and to grow and stretch beyond their current position by reaching for these new opportunities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- An Associate s Degree or B.S. Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Meat or Food Science, or a related field, preferred. Candidates without a Bachelor s Degree and/or an Associate s Degree must be willing to continue their education.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferably in USDA facilities is preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience in leading a project, team or Grill Meeting.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to function and support a team-based environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates Johnsonville s Core Values, (i.e., Commitment to Integrity, Continuous Learning, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Superlative Performance and Innovation).
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance (Human Safety, USDA, HACCP).
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to identify CCP s and maintain all GMP s.
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel etc.).
- Must be able to be certified in chemical usage.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift and Will lift license and learn the safe operation of electric pallet movers
2nd Shift 12:30pm-9:30pm Overtime during week as well as weekend work based on sanitation schedule and production demands. (Must be willing to work other shifts for short periods of time)
Hourly based on performance with a job group range
If a Johnsonvillemember refers you,you re BOTH eligible for a $1,000 referral reward (paid out in increments over the new hire s first 6 months of service)!
How to Apply:
Please go to jobs.johnsonville.com
Johnsonville, LLC performs pre-employment, post offer drug screens, physicals and background checks for all external manufacturing candidates.
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.