The vision of SunOpta is to be the most innovated, vertically integrated provider of organic ingredients and healthy food solutions.
FLSA Status (US):
This position is responsible for providing Sanitation support to the leadership team and employees at the site including cleaning and inspections of machinery and facilities and maintaining associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning, and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all equipment and environmental surfaces are cleaned per SSOP, according to the cleaning record schedule, and using approved chemicals.
• Complete pre-operational inspections of equipment.
• Directs sanitation employee activities and establishes priorities for cleaning in keeping with effective operation and cleaning schedule.
• Ensure cleaning records accurately reflect which equipment or surfaces were cleaned, that the correct chemicals were used, and that the cleaner#39;s initials on the form are correct.
- Ensure safe handling of chemicals.
• Able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Identify challenges and concerns, communicate, and take corrective action.
• Manages sanitation employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of sanitation department.
• Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
• Manages sanitation schedule and provides regular progress reports to managers.
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented, and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP#39;s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Directly manages employees in the Sanitation department and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Ceridian is beneficial.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
All work is completed in a manufacturing environment. Employee must be able to stand for long hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER