Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking Supervisor, Sanitation to join our team. The essential function of this position is to supervise and maintain the Sanitation Program by providing supervision to the sanitation staff, implementing a master sanitation schedule, overseeing routine cleaning of equipment and facility, and controlling costs of sanitation chemicals and supplies.
Full Time Floater Schedule: Must be able to work any shift to cover team vacations (up to 60%). Days and Nights: 6am and 6pm start times for 12-hour shifts; 4-day / 3-day alternating work week schedule.
- Supervise the execution of the sanitation program and ensure adherence to all company and regulatory policies for food-safety, health & safety and environmental programs.
- Supervise sanitation personnel, train on sanitation procedures and ensure effectiveness of cleaning.
- Administer progressive discipline per the company policy.
- Maintain planned staffing levels for your shift by participating in interviews and hiring of Sanitation team members and/or coordination of labor requirements with staffing agencies.
- Organize and coordinate cleaning activities for the equipment and facility that occurs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
- Direct team activities to ensure that cleaning functions are appropriately timed with Operational activities and ensure that cleaning activities occur on time as per the Sanitation Schedule.
- Participate in self-assessments and checks to verify effectiveness of cleaning and provide records and documentation.
- For sanitation problems and concerns, conduct all necessary follow-up to establish corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Work closely with Food Safety to ensure adherence to schedule and maintenance of forms, records, SSOP’s and documentation to support the Food Safety Program.
- Assist with audits regarding sanitation and chemical use issues.
- Ensure the proper use of all Sanitation equipment.
- Ensure that sanitation chemicals are used and stored as required by the Sanitation Program.
- Maintain payroll and attendance records for the team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years’ related experience required.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Highly proficient in computer-use skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of the shift.
- Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements for quality assurance and food safety criteria (HACCP, FSEP, GAP, GMP).
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA).
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse (90%) and office (10%) environment
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.