Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The leadership role of Sanitation Manager is a subject matter expert (SME) for food manufacturing hygiene, equipment sanitation and sanitary design. This role will drive program performance and provides leadership to hourly employees with the purpose of creating a safe and sanitary culture.
- Ensures bakery and production equipment adheres to regulatory compliance, and company polices, chemical, pest control, building and grounds inspections and upkeep, and raw material inspection.
- Supports company goals, processes and procedures to ensure highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean bakery environment.
- Maintain master sanitation schedules and processes using Klenz software.
- Write, edit, and update SSOP s
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Apply knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving to resolve complex issues.
- Utilize leadership and influential skills to develop, inspire, and energize your team towards a high standard of performance and self accountability.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; has budget responsibilities.
- Manages coordination of activities of a department with responsibility for lean results including costs, methods and staffing.
- Develop and implement a World Class Bakery sanitation program incorporating corporate, third party and customer guidelines and procedures that ensures the highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean bakery environment.
- Responsible for being the subject matter expert (SME) in understanding and complying with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF)
- Develop and implement 5 s approach within the department
- Validateinspection procedures, records and reports to ensure that tasks are preformed to expectations.
- Develop and monitor sanitation department budget and expenditures.
- Ensure Bakery is audit-ready at all times.
- Research and implement lean methods of cleaning that will benefit bakery sanitation efforts and company goals.
- Develop and oversee partnerships with vendors and contractors
- Hire, train, coach and develop a high performing team.
- Create metric s to measure employee and team performance.
- Ensure accident/loss prevention and security policies are followed.
- Bachelor s degree in science-related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 8 years of food manufacturing and sanitation experience within the food industry preferred.
- 5+years food processing sanitation experience including leadership experience preferred.
- Experienced in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard such as BRC or SQF preferred.
- HACCP certified preferred.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.