A major food processor is in search of a Sanitation Manager. RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE.
• Prepare and manage Sanitation department budget.
• Coach and mentor Sanitation department employees.
• Manage appropriate person-hours (staffing and duration) to complete effective sanitation processes.
• Responsible for verification of sanitation documentation, training and development of the sanitation team, and process improvement of systems and procedures.
• Ensure 100% compliance with Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Report Sanitation activities in Time and Scope to plant’s management team
• Develop, implement, and enforce plant Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPS); maintain SQF Policies and procedures and the Sanitation Procedure Manual.
• Act as liaison with federal and state agencies to ensure plant regulatory compliance.
• Compile, generate and demonstrate Sanitation audit results, SQF audit results, and environmental data to management
• Ensure approved chemicals and processes for all sanitation functions and SSOP’s
• Direct and maintain daily Sanitation documentation to verify activities.
• Responsible for the safety of all Sanitation personnel.
• Document corrective action for all deficiencies noted on SQF, preoperational and corporate audits.
• Manage cross-functional relationships and influence with operations and maintenance to drive food safety and sanitation objectives
• 3-5 years in the food industry; experience in Sanitation, Quality, or Technical Support in a Manufacturing environment; additional supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience in developing/building Sanitation systems or work experience in an organization with solid Sanitation and Food Safety systems.
• Experience with fresh, perishable products is a plus
• Working knowledge of food technology, processing, and microbiology. Strong understanding of GMPs, HACCP, and Federal/State food regulations.
• Strong computer/statistical skills, particularly as related to data collection, manipulation, and reporting. Working knowledge of SPC/SQC.
• Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).