Looking to join an exciting and growing team? Summit Hill Foods is looking for a 3rd Shift Sanitation Manager to join our team in Rome, GA. This is a full time position with competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and 401(k) with 100% match up to 6%. Vacation available at hire!
If you would like to work with an outstanding, high performance company, with a positive atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, competitive wages and benefits, training and development opportunities, employee involvement and open two way communication, apply here.
The 3rd Shift Sanitation Manager is responsible for ensuring and maintaining a food-safe environment in a safe and quality manner. Compliance with all requirements of programs/policies for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality, SQF, OSHA, Environmental, and as required by Plant, Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs is required.
- Highly refined people management, planning, and organization skills. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, math skills, attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills, knowledge of GMPs, HACCP and relevant federal and state regulations related to quality and food safety
- Subject matter expert in sanitation within the food manufacturing environment. Solid knowledge of effective cleaning and sanitizing procedures to prevent microbial growth and cross-contamination.
- Ability to design and implement sanitation practices in both a wet and a dry facility
- Solid knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and HACCP.
- Working knowledge of CIP/COP systems
- Knowledge of sanitary equipment design
- Working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, sanitizers and cleaning tools
- Knowledge of basic chemistry and math skills (percentages, proportions, etc.).
- Knowledge of Lock out/Tag out
- Excellent management and communication skills, proven ability to provide proactive leadership. Excellent verbal and organization skills.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl under equipment and work in tight spaces as needed.
- Self-motivated; self-disciplined with ability to work under limited direction.
- Work well in fast-paced environment of high expectations and proficient at conflict resolution.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications, SAP and Intelex
- 3+ years’ experience in a food processing plant is preferred.
- Experience building and managing a MSS and ensuring compliance with GMPs and USDA/FDA regulations.
- Experience with GFSI third party audits (SQF, BRC, etc.) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant experience accepted in lieu of degree.