Having a passion for Food Safety through Sanitation, demonstrated interpersonal and team influence skills; the Sanitation Manager will develop effective relationships to enable wet and dry sanitation technical support in the plant. In addition to assisting operations with targeted improvements; this position will develop, communicate and lead the local strategy to ensure compliance to the DFA Comprehensive Practice Standard. Demonstrated ability to create followership with teams is valued. Sanitation Systems gap assessments and support corrective action to enable compliance to DFA Central policy.
Will supervise 3 hourly employees.
- Minimum of 3 years of Sanitation experience in food manufacturing. Ready to Eat, Dairy or other microsensitive manufacturing experience is required.
- Understanding of wet and dry cleaning /verification processes to include COP, CIP, soil identification/chemical selection, dry clean methods
- Experience monitoring and controlling environmental pathogens and allergens
- Leadership for compliance of GMP; FDA and/or USDA regulatory requirements in a plant role
- Collaborations with plant teams to develop and execute sanitation systems (MSS, SSOP)
- Working knowledge and experience with HACCP, Hazard analysis, risk assessments with teams
- Auditing, gap risk assessment and corrective action with cross-functional teams
- Integrated Pest Management experience to include Stored Product pest management
- An orientation to incorporate human safety and sustainability into all sanitation systems
- Validation and verification technique for SSOP#39;s of processing and packaging systems validation
- Knowledge of Equipment design for effective sanitation
- Investigation techniques to identify cause for reduced shelf life or pathogen risk
- Sanitation standards or procedure development
- Leadership of teams to problem solve or control variability with CI tools
- Sanitation and Quality experience across multiple food technologies
- Development and delivery of Sanitation / Food Safety related training
- Flexibility to support manufacturing operations during varied AM and PM plant operations schedules.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.