Reports to: Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
The Sanitation Technician serves as an integral part of the plant management team in assuring sanitation of the factory. The Sanitation Technician is responsible for verifying resources for sanitation events, assuring that the resources are properly trained. Responsible for the 7-day cleaning and sanitizing schedule for production, packaging, hand pack, overheads, restrooms, warehouse, lunchroom, offices, parking and refuse areas. Daily oversight and inspection of scheduled work to ensure that sanitation and hygiene standards are set and maintained.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify contract cleaning company work procedures, work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Responsible for the daily start-up and/or shutdown procedures within Operations depending on daily tasks.
- Responsible for the maintenance of titration records, usage reports, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and Master Sanitation Schedule verification.
- Responsible for the presentation of records and sanitation related information at all audits
- Participate in the planning and decision making for equipment and chemical suppliers including participation in the approval processes for sanitary design.
- Communicate and provide reporting to plant leadership including direct and indirect reporting structure.
- Keeps accurate records on sanitation team.
- Corresponds and collaborate with all production; including taking a strategic approach to problem solving processes for the facility and business.
- Inspects areas and introduces new ideas and procedures.
- Communicates with chemical company including ordering and monitoring of all chemicals.
- Oversees and maintain the cleanliness of all facility areas per the Master Sanitation Schedule and SSOPs.
- Perform all duties in compliance with USDA or FDA, OSHA and state and local regulations and company policies and procedures; including safety guidelines and the use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Work hand and hand with USDA.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Conduct and complete any other duties assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Learning Orientation.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as plant production environment. A large portion of the work will be performed in the plant which required safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Third shift at night and hours of work are Monday through Friday and occasionally weekends. This position can regularly require long hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Safety, HACCP, GMP’s, and OSHA standards;
- General knowledge of equipment operation within the food production industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.