Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Maintains all buildings by washing walls, ceilings, overheads, floors, removing trash and disinfects equipment according to master cleaning. May operate tray / rack washers, washer extractors and dryers.
- Visually inspect equipment and complete sanitation checklist following each wash.
- Performs maintenance cleaning on tray washer, washer extractor and dryer.
- Oversees storage of all cleaning supplies and disinfecting equipment and supplies as instructed.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Visually inspect other equipment sanitor s work and complete sanitation checklist following each wash.
- Work directly with sanitation manager and quality control technician to correct deficiencies that may exist after inspection.
- Set up line and equipment to company standards prior to production run.
- Participates on company training sessions on all safety topics, work instruction, cleaning procedures, Quality standards, Company and Quality policies.
- Follow AIB (American Institute of Baking) guidelines.
- Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points, (HACCP) and good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Operates Sanitation Cleaning equipment such as but not limited to: Floor scrubbers, vacuum cleaner, industrial vacuums, scissor Lift, Pressure washers, steam cleaners, buffing machines and all-purpose cleaner.
- Understanding and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies such as paper products for bathrooms and towel dispensers in all buildings.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Overtime hours, including working different shift and weekends may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with these hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience
- Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.