Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, cleans and sanitizes food handling, packaging, storage, and processing facilities and equipment, to meet quality control, food safety, and bacterial control standards. Ensures sanitation, cleanliness, and order of warehouse, dock areas, buildings, break rooms, bathrooms, yard/ground, parking lots, etc.
- Use chemical agents, high-pressure hoses, and other sanitizing/cleaning equipment and supplies to clean and sanitize facility work areas and equipment
- Prepare cleaning chemicals, sanitizers, and chemical concentrations
- Handle and store chemical agents and cleaning and sanitizing equipment and supplies to meet applicable standards
- Manage chemical accidents
- Keep company grounds free of litter, debris, and hazards
- Observe all safety requirements and report hazards to shift supervisor.
- Comply with applicable standards, such as OSHA, FDA, USDA, and SQF standards
- May be required to ensure that pest control systems are operating effectively and report any problems to supervisor.
- May be required to wash and/or sweep insides of trailers and/or railcars.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and janitorial techniques
- Ability to work independently
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- May be required to use cleaning equipment such as steamers, floor scrubbers and carpet cleaners.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to use hands to handle objects; talk or hear; stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the warehouse is usually moderate.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.