The Local Sales Trainee will enter a six month to one year training program to learn the foodservice industry and develop the proficiencies to move into a Territory Manager role. Selected candidates will be provided with training in the areas of Sales, Finance, Pricing, Credit, Marketing, Operations and Transportation. In addition to the formal training program, the Sales Trainee will also work closely with high-performing Territory Mangers to learn and develop sales best practices. We believe the in-depth training and hands-on experience provides the perfect foundation to become a successful Territory Manager and a future sales leader.•\tPrimary owner of customer relationship
•\tSelling, and engaging customers in value added activities.
•\tLeveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening
A Territory Manager Unassigned Trainee (TMUT) will enter a training program to learn the foodservice industry and develop proficiencies into the role of Territory Manager within our organization. Selected candidates will be provided with training in the areas of Sales, Finance, Pricing, Credit, Operations and Transportation. We believe this in-depth training provides the perfect foundation to become a successful Territory Manager and build a career as a future sales leader.
USF has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position. The trainee will be classified as Territory Manager Unassigned Trainee. The associate will then move over to assigned Territory Manager title, when a route becomes available.
Essential Duties as a Sales Trainee
- Complete a six month to one year training program to learn essentials of the business such as Sales, Finance, Pricing, Credit, Marketing, Operations and Transportation.
- Work effectively with seasoned Territory Managers who serve as mentors in educating and developing the trainee
- Provide route coverage for Territory Managers on vacation or leave
- Build sales competencies - including communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship building skills
- Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food shows, promotion programs) to promote sales, increase product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, preparing price quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
Internal: Sales Coordinators, Customer Solution Coordinators, New Business Managers, Business Development, (DSM#39;s, TM#39;s, ROC#39;s FSM, Fresh Spec) Culinary Staff and other cross-functional resources
- Suppliers, Vendors, Brokers, Carriers, Customers
High School diploma, Culinary School, Bachelor#39;s degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent required
Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities. Should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills. Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
Physical Requirements :
Frequently outside the office environment working in the field in variable weather and temperature conditions. Some repetitive motion in operating laptop computer. Required to operate motor vehicle and frequently transition from the vehicle. May frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
Candidates who have received a DUI conviction for drug or alcohol within the last three years will not be considered as eligible.
Ability to relocate in the region/US at the conclusion of the training program
Must possess a valid U.S. Driver#39;s License. Motor vehicle record must be in good standing.