Territory includes the following cities/towns in Rhode Island: Warwick, Cranston, Cumberland, Providence, Bellingham, Johnston, Greenville, Lincoln, N. Smithfield, Pascoag, and North Scituate.
Sells our bakery goods, both branded and Private Label, to customers serviced throughout their area. Prioritizing sales growth and working to build the market share of our most profitable branded labels.
Communicate regularly with Gold Medal company employees and key personnel of assigned stores (i.e. Bread Clerks, Back-Up Clerks, Grocery, Non-Perishable and Store Managers, In-Store Bakery & Deli Department Management) with regard to store status, upcoming sales, orders, displays and training.
Act as the liaison between customer HQ, GMB HQ, and stores serviced to gain store support of HQ sponsored programs, promotional objectives, display initiatives and program follow through directives.
- Work to achieve minimal Out of Stocks and acceptable ship to scan results. Prioritizing most profitable branded labels followed by our in-store, commercial and deli offerings.
- Picks up invoices and issues appropriate credit for applicable customers throughout area.
- Verify rotation and coding policies are abided to at stores serviced.
- Ensure proper merchandising standards are achieved (planogram adhered to, Unit Tags, Sale signs, POP materials, displays).
Confirm bread aisle maintenance and work with stores serviced to ensure initial loads are put up by 10 AM, bread aisle coverage on off-days (Sunday & Wednesday), and afternoon pull-ups maintained at all stores serviced.
- Provides store training/retraining on Gold Medal Bakery Program to store personnel throughout area
- Support reporting initiatives required by GMB or Customer s HQ.
- Follow store visit schedules and sales call duration guidelines to ensure adequate service is provided throughout area.
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervisor.
The above job description is not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for each job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal Bakery or its customers.
Personal/Employee and Food Safety
Follows company policy to ensure safe work habits and conditions for employee.Responsible for following all safety programs and procedures.
Maintains a high state of safety awareness, including:
- Follows all rack handling procedures
- Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways
- Is alert to condition of walking surface and other people in order to prevent possible collision or accidents.
- Isat all times cognizant of food quality and safety
- If any problem (or potential problem) arises, resolves immediately or elevates to supervision immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity and nature of problem.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
1. Preparation and Training
Workrequires the ability to read, write and communicate and to perform simple arithmetic calculations. A high school (college preferred) levelknowledgeofseveralsubjects is required in order to prepare reports, perform calculations, utilize a computer, keep records and/or deal effectively with other people. Basic proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is necessary.
Prior business experience or experience in retail grocery or bakery sales is desirable. Requires good personality traits for dealing with other people.
Some analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are somewhat complex in dealing with people.
4.Independent Judgment And Consequence Of Errors
Independent judgment is often required when dealing with store personnel and consumers. Some guidance is received from supervisor and/or from established procedures or instructions. Errors could result in moderate to significant cost in time, money, product and customer goodwill.
5.Contact With Others
Internal -Daily communication with supervisor.
External - Daily contact with consumers and customers (management and non-management). Routine matters discussed and/or decisions made involving selling,
merchandising and taking orders.
6.Work of Others
Accountable to consult, advise and offer training to customer s on our Bakery Program throughout area serviced.