Samuels and Son Seafood, one of the nation s leading purveyors of fresh and frozen seafood has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Sales Person. Strong food knowledge and experience with all levels of restaurants and/or hotels is a minimum requirement for this position. Sales experience is not required, extensive training and on-going support is provided. Only candidates currently located in the Philadelphia, Pa; Orlando, Fl; Pittsburgh, PA, and Las Vegas, NV, and surrounding metropolitan areas will be considered.
The person filling this position will work with the region s top chefs on a daily basis and must be familiar with chefs expectations and requirements. This position requires complete dedication and offers rewarding relationships. You must be a foodie, detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and tenacious without being overbearing. Candidates must have solid communication and presentation skills. The role includes a portfolio of existing accounts but allows the person to focus on opening new accounts within their territory.
Strong computer, organization, and customer service skills are required. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused culture, an opportunity for continuous advancement within the organization and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of essential job functions:Functions include, but not limited to the following:
- Efficient communication with current customers.
- Research customer business needs and developing a mix of products and services to meet these needs.
- Negotiate with significant customers establishing pricing and service guidelines in conjunction with sales and operations objectives.
- Play a role in developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company product lines.
- Strong commitment needed to become an expert in the company s products and industry.
- Effectively and efficiently work with sales management and other sales personnel.
Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Must have great communication skills in order to conduct presentations.
Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Some travel required
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Samuels offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, 401k, supplemental and life insurance as well as Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Make deliveries when needed.
- Participate in company activates, (i.e. sales meetings, food shows, dinners)
- Negotiate with significant customers establishing pricing and service guidelines in conjunction with sales manager and operations.
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company product lines.
Minimum Requirements: Must have a 4-year degree Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales, retail, and/or food service operations, distribution/wholesale management. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Great communication skills. Must be able to multi-task. The ability to work under pressure.