Johnsonville products are available in retail stores in all 50 states. As a member of this sales team, you’ll be the link between Johnsonville and millions of consumers, who enjoy our sausage as part of a quick breakfast or an outdoor tailgate with friends, family and neighbors. Johnsonville relies on experienced and dedicated sales professionals to ensure our customers receive the products they need and want, and that their consumers are satisfied. As a member of our retail sales team, you’ll work closely with Johnsonville’s marketing and category management teams to develop and deliver consumer insights and category reviews that help our customers be successful. You’ll also work with our broker partners to make sure that sales strategies are fully and effectively executed, from headquarters to the retail stores. At Johnsonville, we call this delivering HICS -- Highest Impact On Customer Success.
Baton Rouge/New Orleans Area
Johnsonville is looking for a Sales Representative to join our South Region team. At Johnsonville, we’re so obsessed with sausage that we’ve created five different regions based on where consumers live and their preferences for sausage. Customer responsibilities would include calling on independent retailers for AWG Gulf Coast and AG Baton Rouge with future growth opportunities to handle additional direct customers.
- Create new and different innovative programs with our retail partners to help drive our customers’ sales and profits through noticeably better products and services
- Maintain current distribution, grow base and incremental sales, and gain new distribution on new product launches or current distribution opportunities
- Develop and build strong relationships with customers--those in key strategic decision-making positions at headquarter level and within retail store accounts
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Johnsonville is a learning organization that challenges our members to continually learn, stretch and grow. We offer a Continuing Education/Tuition Assistance Program that provides tuition reimbursement for members enrolled in extended learning programs such as master’s or other degrees.
- Open to all levels of consumer-packaged goods sales experience in the retail grocery industry, including entry-level applicants
- Experience using syndicated data in selling a plus
- Broker management and/or broker experience a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of how grocery retailers distribute, merchandise and promote brands
- Looking for someone who is a learner and who is not afraid to make mistakes in a rapidly changing environment
- “We reserve the right to get smarter. When you make a mistake, admit it and make sure you get a return on that mistake.” – Ralph C. Stayer
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!
Posting Date: July 29, 2020
Coach: South Region Coach
(We don’t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches. They are there to help you develop your talents.)
Travel: 50-75% (most travel is day trips to LA, MS, AL & East TX. Overnight travel may be required)
Preferred Location: Baton Rouge or New Orleans, LA
(Work from home when you’re not traveling)
Member Status: Full Time, Salaried
(At Johnsonville, you are not an employee, you are a Member)
External candidates: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.