Do you have experience merchandising, working with brokers/distributors or are you at the start of a sales career in the CPG Industry? Are you interested in working for a fast-growing company with premium products, a great reputation for quality and a corporate culture grounded in curiosity and growth? Please reach out to La Terra Fina, an affiliate of HP Hood, if you are excited about the following job opportunity. Must be located in Massachusetts.
Summary Impact Statement:
Works across the Northeast food broker network, supporting sales efforts through the retail grocery and small chain channels, resolving customer issues, building relationships, identifying opportunity while aiming to maximize sales and profitability.
1) Assists in regional retail sales effort supporting the National Retail Sales Director via relationship building and management, working with regional sales brokers, developing KPI’s, performing monthly store walks and conducting broker reviews. Works to remove roadblocks and to resolve conflict as required in the region.
2) Assists in driving regional sales across targeted retail entities by identifying customer opportunities and driving account/sales acquisition to meet individual and team productivity goals; participants in new customer meetings, putting together sales decks and scheduling product reviews, etc. Reviews regionals sales forecasts by sku and retail chain and helps Director target customers for promotions, new product introductions, etc. Applies existing knowledge of CPG and retail customer management to drive success.
3) Partners with cross-functional teams to exchange information and problem solve, working to resolve logistics concerns, customer and shipping challenges, quality or product issues, etc. Collaborates with category and brand manager to monitor all customer needs and trends. Provides competitive information back to marketing and R&D teams to support the National Retail Sales Director and entire team.
4) Builds strong relationships across the food industry network, keeping track of industry trends, brokers and retail chain activities. Attends key strategic trade and other industry events to develop business relations with all La Terra Fina customers and to enhance visibility of the brand.
5) Tracks usage of trade promotion budget, identifying ways to leverage trade investments with creative in-store programs. Tracks ROI, profitability, growth and volume to make informed recommendations to improve promotional efficiencies.
6) Performs other duties as required
BA/BS preferred. Two years’ merchandising, distributor and/or sales experience in the CPG industry required, specifically within the retail channel is required. Working knowledge of channels of trade such as Grocery, Mass and New Business is required. Experience partnering with distributor and broker networks to drive brand recognition and resolve issues is a big plus. Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of sales fundamentals. Ability to work, prioritize and complete tasks in an unstructured environment is required. Must be able to build relationships with internal team, distributors, brokers and customers. Must have proven ability to proactive and independently drive issue resolution. Clear communication skills, both verbal and written including strong presentation skills, with a strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Must have proven ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in decision making. Demonstrated team-first mentality with a “Can-Do” attitude.
Job Type: Full-time, Fully Remote
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement