Stachowski Brand Charcuterie is looking for an organized and enthusiastic self-starter with good computer skills and good meat knowledge for the position of Outside Sales Representative to help us with our growth in the Washington, DC area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: introducing, promoting, and selling company products through direct customer contacts within an assigned territory, account prospecting and market penetration.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm#39;s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Passion for building customer relationships and growing sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective negotiation and closing techniques
- Strong organization, planning and analysis skills
- Strong product and market knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Highly motivated and competitive
- Excellent verbal, written, and persuasive skills
- Good computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 plus years protein sales experience preferred
- Base salary
- Expense reimbursement
Stachowski Brand Charcuterie is a family owned business since 2009. Our Old World-style sausages have been created by Chef Jamie Stachowski from recipes handed down through generations. We have many creations that reflect his passion for true charcuterie. Our products give the consumer options and flexibility to be creative with their own inspired dishes.
We offer a wide variety of handcrafted gourmet fresh and cured sausages (over 30 varieties), a wide assortment of gallantines, pâtes, terrines and meats of the highest quality. Stachowski Brand Charcuterie serves the finest restaurants, grocery stores, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores around the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Send resume/cover letter to stachowskibrandjobs.com