San-J International, Inc. is dedicated to the manufacture of premium Tamari soy sauce and quality Asian-inspired products. We endeavor to produce excellence in our products and services.
San-J founder, San-Jirushi was established in 1804 in Japan as a Tamari and miso company and began selling Tamari in the United States in 1978 as an importer to natural food and industrial food markets. Tamari quickly proved itself to be desirable to American tastes and San-Jirushi decided to build a plant to brew Tamari in North America. In addition to the production facilities, San-J#39;s administration, research & development, sales and marketing departments are headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
San-J President, Takashi Sato is an eigth-generation member of the founding family and today, San-J continues the tradition of quality with a variety of Tamari premium soy sauces, Asian cooking sauces, salad dressings, soups, and rice crackers available throughout United States and Canada.
As a leader in the Gluten Free Asian Cooking sauce category, we are currently seeking an experienced Food Service Representative who can successfully lead us in the proper direction in the Food Service arena to grow our business within, but not limited to, Restaurants, Hospital, and Colleges across the U.S.
With the rise in awareness in Gluten Free diets we are growing at a rapid pace and need an experienced Sales Representative in Food Service that can build this category for San-J.
The successful candidate should have a hands-on working knowledge of the Broker Community in the Food Service Industry and know their way around the Food Service Distributors. The candidate will need to be able to sell our product to a diverse group of customers throughout the Food Service Industry and communicate with all levels of our customers from the owners/ Chefs to the sales associates.
- Plan and execute customer and market strategies with the ability to sell.
- Along with Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Strategy Manager able to manage the Food Service portion of the company.
- Managing a team of Brokers
- Attain assigned field sales objectives on brand, consistent with priorities and objectives set by company.
- Maintain trade promotional spending based on budget
- Must be familiar with the Gluten Free diet and Celiac Disease
- Ability to work with Corporate Strategy Manager to develop business plans to drive profitable volume while building permanent distribution on key designated products.
- Establish specific sales and merchandising objectives, working closely with RSDs and Corporate Strategy Manager.
- Provide timely notice of market key events; launch key new items while providing comprehensive competitive activity to headquarter personnel.
- Work closely with the RSDs and Corporate Strategy Manager to develop sales promotional plans and properly utilize market development funds based on established spending levels.
- Conduct sales meeting to ensure proper training and motivation on merchandising programs on key company items and objectives.
- 3-5 years of hands on food service sales experience.
- Proficient PC skills- Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Self- Motivated-
- Sales Driven- Success oriented-
- Ability to work week-end Trade Shows when necessary.
- Ability to work with restaurant Chefs in building relationships and obtaining placements and orders
- Outgoing personality / Ability to work as a team member