Mexilink is a leading full-service importer, master U.S. distributor and nationwide marketer of prominent consumer packaged goods throughout the Us omnichannel marketplace. With deep industry knowledge in the Hispanic and General Markets, Mexilink provides partner brands a comprehensive 360-degree strategy to grow market share in the US from importation to consumption. From Tajin Seasonings and Dolores Tuna to Unilever and PepsiCo Mexilink proudly represents these and other market leading brand and industry leading companies.
Sales Manager - Bilingual
The Sales Manager is the main point of contact between Mexilink’s brands and its clients. You will be in charge of managing client’s relations in order to increase sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our merchandising team a variety of activities within the region.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Builds and maintains client relations.
- Meets and exceeds KPIs and sales targets.
- Generates reports to track sales and goals.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Possess deep knowledge of business products offering a value proposition.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes sellable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date. Tracks stock levels.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Proactively pursues new business and sales opportunities.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Three years of sales experience.
- English and Spanish language fluency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with external and internal clients professionally.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; threats others with respect and consideration.
- Strong attention to detail and bringing tasks to completion.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Have a positive attitude, must contribute to a positive workplace.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Willing to travel 10% of the time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level is usually moderate. Working hours are from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
We offer unprecedented benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive annual salary
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.