Nestlé Coffee Partners is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon Cold-Brew, and Blue Bottle, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we#39;re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we#39;ll brew remarkable things.
This position contributes to Nestle Coffee Partner#39;s success by leveraging customer, category, brand and shopper insights to deliver an accurate, aligned forecast. Collaboration with members of the sales planning, brand marketing, finance, supply chain and customer support teams is critical to deliver on service and inventory liability objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Leadership - Lead the Sales & Operations Planning Process, and act as the voice of the business to partners in Supply Chain
- Plans and manages activities with cross-functional working team in the development of an aligned demand forecast leveraging knowledge of historical performance, customer/consumer behavior, competitive activity and tactical/investment plans for the business
- Prepares, communicates, and effectively presents state of the business information including sources of forecast variance, expectations for volume performance in future periods, as well as risks and opportunities to Business Unit Sr Leadership team
- Collaborates cross functionally to align Business Unit forecast which is a direct input to the financial expectations of the business as well as operational plan to support expected demand
Planning and Execution - ability to think strategically AND execute effectively
Understand the key business drivers at key customers to identify opportunities for growth and risks to current plans
Integrates the work of brand/product marketing and sales planning to deliver balanced, aligned forecasts
- Business Requirements - Exhibits strong business acumen and financial discipline when analyzing the business and identifying risks/opportunities.
- Understands interplay of forecast accuracy, customer service and inventory liability and drives to achieve best in class results across all three areas
- Communicates opportunities and risks to management on a proactive basis
- Knowledge of key customer metrics/expectations and apply understanding of the resultant behaviors to explanations of variance or expectations for future periods
Summary of Experience:
Background in Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning, Supply/Production Planning or Master Scheduling [5 Years]
Prior experience within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, dealing with perishable products is preferred [5 Years]
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Analytical/Technical Skills - Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insights and recommendations; has a keen eye for details
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills resulting in action oriented recommendations
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Advanced skills using applicable software (Excel) and computer applications to generate analyses and reports
- Communication Skills - Geared toward presenting recommendations and analyses to executives
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Teamwork/Collaboration - Demonstrated ability to lead and/or work effectively in a highly-collaborative environment by influencing without authority
- Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.