Join Our Community of Food People!
The Sales Coordinator will drive results as the first point of contact for assigned Territory Managers and Customers through Team selling, administrative support, and resolving questions/requests/issues in a timely manner utilizing detailed knowledge of US Foods products, systems, and tools. Serve as the primary liaison between Customers, Territory Managers, District Sales Managers and Product Sales Support Administrator (PSSA) as well as but not limited to Operations, Credit & Transportation. Engage in regular phone conversations with customers, including taking orders, resolving issues, and opportunistically selling. Review orders placed through US Foods Online to ensure accuracy / completeness, contacting customers with suitable substitutes as necessary. Provide administrative support to Territory Managers and District Sales Managers, as needed. Escalate issues to appropriate parties, as necessary, to ensure appropriate responses.
- Take actions that deliver US Foods Key Results by developing relationships with key customers both internal and external.
- Contact customers for orders, add-ons, etc. Process orders through internal order entry systems. Promote Customer engagement with US Foods.com as a source for order entry as well as Value added Services
- Contact customers to highlight on-going promotions and opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell to distribute slow moving items, close-out items and special buy items.
- Team up with Territory Managers (average 10) to actively support their customers through regular, scheduled contact and drive sales performance with suggestive, persuasive selling. Support order guide maintenance in Edge and Customer shopping lists in US Foods.com
- Respond to customer and Territory Manager questions and requests (e.g., price information) in a timely manner, either by determining answer on your own or escalating to appropriate Market or Area resources (Operations, Category Management, Finance, Replenishment, etc.) or external vendors, as required. Maintain ownership of all follow up communication from escalated inquiries.
- Leverage proprietary US Foods systems and tools to quickly and accurately answer inquiries to provide insight. Systems and tools include, but is not limited to the following:
US Foods On Line
- Enterprise Product Search (EPS)
- Demand Communication Tool (DCT)
- SODS system for Special Orders
- CDMR for Credit requests
- Tandem " SMOI for Special Order Management
- CES Quotes to support Equipment & Supply Sales
- Take personal responsibility for continued professional development.
- Attend department sales meetings, product trainings and cuttings to develop and grow product and vendor knowledge as required.
- Provide administrative support to Territory Managers and Sales Management to process credits, special orders, drop-ships, re-routing delivery days, will calls, etc.
- Respond to product receiving and pricing inquiries, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide vacation/back-up coverage to Territory Managers and weekend coverage for all inbound Sales Coordinator calls.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors degree preferred.
Related Experience: At least three (3) years of previous customer service experience required. Food service distribution experience preferred. Previous sales experience preferred, but not required. Working knowledge of CRM tools is a plus (especially if its Salesforce.com).
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and solid problem resolution ability required.
Candidate must have a solid customer service orientation, with ability to professionally and effectively influence/persuade customers to purchase products.
Able to process multiple issues simultaneously, driving them to successful resolution.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***