Department: Sales – Packers Chemical
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Division Manager
Work Schedule: Varies by Location
Amount of Travel Required: 50-60%
Positions Supervised: N/A
Packers Chemical, a fast-growing specialty chemical company, has openings for a traveling Sales & Service Representative. This position is responsible for the assigned territory which includes food processing plants in the Greater Philadelphia area. Person is responsible for sales growth and development of these areas along with maintaining current customers and keeping up with our Service Standards. Person would have to live close to described territory.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
1. Effective management of existing customer accounts and the generation of new accounts.
a. Willing to work within food processing facilities (pork, beef, RTE, etc.) and be available during various production shifts depending on your customer base.
b. Provide and keep track of written service reports.
c. Generate new leads and profitable business opportunities through collaborating with both external and internal business partners and converting to clients through following up by phone, email, and personal visits
2. Establish strategic and collaborative partnerships within your accounts.
a. Identify customer needs/pain points and then work internally to apply the applicable Packers Chemical product(s) solutions to create value-added benefits for the customer.
b. Give sales presentations, perform application training, troubleshoot equipment and train customers on the correct SOP for their processes.
3. Monitor customer sales performance against budget and financial expectations; be prepared to offer insight as to the increase/decrease of sales in assigned territory.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), secondary education is a plus.
Person must have a general working knowledge of computers and technology. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Work experience or education in Food & RTE Processing Operations, QA or Sanitation a plus.
• Background in sales and customer management.
• Excellent time management skills, being a self-starter is required.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Adaptability & flexibility - can change plans in the moment and make tactical adjustments appropriately. Remains calm and confident even in stressful situations.
• Work independently with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
Wet, hot, cold, various shifts, frequently requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).