At Schwans Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That#39;s how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer#39;s homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony#39;s pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith#39;s and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.schwanscompany.com.
What is a Customer Sales Representative Single Route?
The Customer Sales Representative (Single Route) sells and delivers Schwan#39;s products to retail stores on an assigned route according to the national customer service standards. The incumbent is further responsible for delivering against designated revenue/volume targets and driving superior in-store execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieves maximum retail sales by selling and delivering products to existing customers on assigned routes.
- Ensures all products are delivered in a safe and timely manner.
- Achieves national customer service standards on all deliveries and in- store execution.
- Maximizes in-store opportunities through incremental sales activity and increases product display space in retail stores.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with store level personnel.
- Effectively handles and resolves any customer complaints.
- Stocks and maintains products on store shelves.
- Maintains product displays monitors product codes and ensures retail price tags are properly displayed.
- Achieves annual KPI metrics for the DSD Retail Sales organization.
Maintains compliance with all DOT rules and regulations as well as Company safety regulations policies and procedures- including reporting and record keeping.
- Communicates with manager and/or local affiliates on truck condition issues.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Must have skills:
- Basic math and English speaking skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Access to a cell phone device for phone and text capabilities
Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation medical certification requirements and driver eligibility, including the ability to secure and maintain a Class B CDL with an air brake endorsement.
Working Conditions: What should you expect as a Sales Representative?
Established Sales Route: Routes start in the AM hours and go until the daily customer requirements are fulfilled.
Active & Fast Paced Environment: Your designated route may include working with large retail grocery chain stores, as well as regional and independent stores in an assigned market which provides exciting opportunities for you to grow sales and deliver upon the expectations of your customers.
Collaborative Delivery Team: With individual and team sales goals, you will be making positive contributions to the company day in and day out.
BENEFITS: What benefits and perks are offered to Sales Representatives?
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Health and Wellness Resources and Activities
- Discount on Schwans Home Service, Inc. products
POTENTIAL CAREER GROWTH: How can I grow my sales career with Schwans Consumer Brands, Inc.?
As a Customer Sales Representative (Single Route) you can move into an Area Sales or Area Sales & Distribution Manager. From there you can explore opportunities as a Zones Sales Manager or transition into a corporate sales career with our National Customer Business teams.
KEYWORDS: sales, route sales, customer sales representative, route driving, delivery driving, sales driver, CDL, Class B, driving jobs, local route driver, route delivery, truck driving, schwans, schwans jobs, red barron, red baron, Freschetta, mrs. smiths, edwards, pagoda express, delivery driver, DSD, Tonys, pizza, frozen pizza
The employing subsidiaries of Schwans Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.