Employment Type: Regular
Location: SALT LAKE CITY,UT
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position will provide data and category resource analytics to a variety of internal departments and Senior Managers through the collection, analysis, and presentation of market, competitive, and consumer data. The position#39;s goal is to analyze data for identifying business development opportunities, decision-making support, program assessment, and business reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing and understanding data available and utilizing it to manage programs, promos, SKU selection, and influencing sales and space growth.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for senior management to evaluate account and market performance vs. competitors. (Commercial Review, Preconsejo, and Scorecards).
- Prepare weekly New Product Performance, Trend Report by SKU, Texas Account Trend, customers Out of Stock, and Account Performance Reports by store, region, account, sub-region, and market contribution.
- Report weekly highlights of best-selling items. (Store, region, district, SKU).
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly presentations for senior management.
- Respond to and facilitate category analytics requested by BBU and vendor partners using Brio, IRI, Spectra and Homescan. (GWB Topline, Segment Topline, and business reviews)
- Provide data analytics to support category management objectives for both the retail partners and BBU, including category reviews, market analysis, and account planning strategies.
- Work closely with Control Desk to ensure internal database integrity, hierarchy implementation and maintenance training.
- Provide training and support for Operations, Marketing, Finance and other managers from BBU regarding sales data warehouse.
- Assist in tracking Trade Marketing, Account, and Category Management budgets vs. actual.
- Ad hoc requests for internal and external customers.
- Administrative duties which include but are not limited to: payroll tracking of absenteeism, holidays, sick days, ordering supplies, SBT reporting, uniform administration, tracking outside requests, maintenance of business systems, holiday schedules, meeting/logistics coordinator, working with forms, support Map Point, presentation support.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in a related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 2 years of experience in a CPG companies preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and strong computer applications experience, preferable in the following applications:
- IRI Syndicated Data - (Analyzer and Xlerate)
- AC Nielsen Household Panel Data
- Spectra Infinet
- Brio Hyperion
- Strong business communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills with the demonstrated ability to consistently manage projects from conception through implementation.
- Ability to communicate and work with managers at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects under tight timelines.
- Maintenance of the confidentiality of any personal or company information encountered.
- Must be able to manage/balance occasional travel related work schedule.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.