Sales Account Manager - West Coast (Encapsulates and Inclusions) (Homebased)
We are currently seeking a new account manager to support our Encapsulates and Inclusions ingredient solutions.
TERRITORY WILL COVER THE WEST COAST. IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL RESIDE IN WEST COAST SUCH AS SEATTLE WA, LOS ANGELES, CA OR UT.
Increase profitable sales in assigned territory by developing current and prospect accounts into commercial sales. Develops sales opportunities and services customer accounts in assigned territory. Maintains relationships with all levels at assigned customer accounts. Assesses customer product needs and requirements and achieves budgeted sales levels. Protects existing account base and introduces and promotes new products to attract new business. Provides feedback to marketing, applications, product development, and business units on sales and product trends and customer preferences. Remains current in necessary training programs according to the official company training matrix.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules, and makes regular face-to-face sales calls to assigned accounts and territory prospects. Arranges meetings for various company professionals to provide multi-level support and relationships. Communicates results of sales calls via timely call reports via Salesforce.com.
- Develops sales strategies and sales budgets for territory and assigned accounts. Regularly reviews and provides status reports on progress against sales budget.
- Communicates and maintains accurate customer forecasts for product usage.
- Coordinates sales efforts to ensure effective sales service, customer relations, and administrative needs. Investigates customer complaints and assures prompt, effective solutions. Responds to customer inquiries for samples, technical data, and support. Responds to customer inquiries on the use and application of products.
- Obtains and reports marketing data for successful achievement of business objectives and strategies. Monitors trends, competitive activity, product development, and market penetration. Recommends course of action to prevent loss of existing business.
- Daily contact with customers and monitoring of competitive activity in assigned territory.
- Independently identifies customer needs and works closely with Marketing, Product Development, Business Unit Management and other staff to deliver marketable products in concert with customer needs. Makes decisions on products to demonstrate to customers. Receives limited supervision and direction on territory management.
- Continuous search for new potential accounts as a means for increasing sales in assigned territory (including “cold calls” to potential customers).
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures of the corporation
- BA degree required. Prefer degree in food science, chemistry, or other related field
- Must have 5 to 7 years of hands-on sales experience and knowledge of food ingredients
- Must have polished customer relations and sales skills
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of company and customer teams and establish strong working relationships
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills. All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Jeff Fee at email@example.com.