Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery coatings. We are a well-established food company expanding to the West Coast due to growth. CQC maintains a professional, supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our success. Working for a privately-held company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a Sales Account Manager based out of a home office in Southern California. The position requires travel for sales calls and will report to the VP of Sales.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages sales activities of the organization within a specific customer base in order to generate profitable, sustainable growth. Develop strong, cooperative, and respectful relationships that will help build our business at all levels of the customer’s organization. Adheres to and presents oneself in all business settings in line with CQC’s Mission Statement and Values. Sales focus is medium to large accounts, with a hands-on approach to manage complex projects/orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and maintain customer relationships developing a long term business environment that supports CQC’s approach to market.
- Works with management to develop and implement strategic sales plans to meet or exceed corporate goals.
- Initiates customer project requests with precision and clarity in line with account strategy, updating both customer and internal Research and Development (R&D) throughout the development process.
- Initiates pricing requests and delivers approved pricing to customers
- Negotiate and manage the contract process from initiation to fulfillment. Maintain contract status and performance utilizing available contract management reports while keeping all parties appraised of performance.
- Utilize CQC “team sales” method to maximize sales performance and information flow throughout the organization.
- Maintain and update Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients.
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume, contract balances, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Set up and manage booth at assigned industry tradeshows.
- Travel to other CQC facilities, tradeshows, customers, and/or training.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Business field or Food Science preferred.
- Minimum of 4-10 years of business-to-business food industry sales experience. Preferably experience working with major food company selling ingredients, such as sweeteners, oils, or other related industry.
- Experience in the confectionery or chocolate industry and/or a technical background would be helpful.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of a major airport hub
- Must have acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work near allergens, such as peanut, tree nuts, dairy, and soy.
- Ability to be trained on sales-related computer programs and databases, such as Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Presentation skills
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com