Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
## OF OPENINGS
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The CDL Driver is responsible for loading, shuttling and delivering product between Snyder#39;s-Lance manufacturing locations to DC locations in a tractor trailer. They will also deliver local backhauls as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the following equipment in a safe and knowledgeable manner: tractor/trailer trucks, straight body trucks, forklifts, floor jacks and pallet jacks.
- Performs all DOT and/or Company required pre-trip safety inspections and maintains logs & records as appropriate. Keeps a daily record including trip reports and trailer yard inventory.
- Works on and maintains exterior of all company dock areas. Included is occasionally sweeping and removal of debris, removal of snow and ice as necessary, inspection of trailer restraints, inspection of exterior dock equipment, including but not limited to, dock shelters, dock enclosures, dock bumpers, lighting, painting, etc.
- Responsible for inspection of tail end of drop trailer loads to ensure products are properly secured prior to closing doors, affixing trailer seal on rear doors of drop trailer loads and corrects discrepancies immediately.
- Responsible for verifying product to ensure product is in good condition and properly identified at unloading, and delivery is accurate.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Performs other job-related projects (including but not limited to inventory control and/or order management activities at warehouse) duties and assignments as directed by warehouse supervision.
- Shuttles product or raw material between facilities.
- Works as a switcher if needed.
- May be responsible for placing paperwork (bill of lading, etc.) on dropped trailers.
- May deliver orders to DC locations and help breakdown load as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Familiarity with computerized equipment; some prior directly-related experience preferred.
- Sitting: Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Continuously
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Floor to Waist Lift: Seldom
- Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally
- Two-Handed Carry: Seldom
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling: Frequently
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Lighting: Fair
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.