The primary goal of the Sage systems Administrator is to provide technical support to ensure the smooth operation and support of the organization’s Sage system with users at 25+ U.S. locations. This role is responsible for new function implementation, maintaining, upgrading, and supporting the Sage X3 ERP system. This is an operational support position that requires excellent incident and problem management, communication, and customer service skills.
- Acts as a liaison between stakeholders and implementation team
- Review, establish and document business processes
- Conduct end user training on ERP functions
- Implement new ERP functionality in the business units
- Make recommendations for Sage configuration that are in support of improved and more efficient operations
- Crystal Reports development
- Sage X3 ERP development
- Sage X3 ERP customizations
- Sage X3 ERP Administration
- Participate in problem resolutions
- Provide incident management reactionary support
- Maintain standard technical, support, operational and security documentation
- Support the Service Desk during incident response activities
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Works with functional business teams to update and maintain enterprise applications
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferably or 2 years of experience with Sage
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and listening skills with exceptional interpersonal skills, problem-solving, customer service and strong analytical abilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Based in Chicago. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for long periods of time; and reach with hands and arms. Lift up to 20 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.