Relocation to Florida Available for Qualified Applicant
Nature & Scope:
Plans, directs, and implements company safety and ergonomics programs to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work place safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques of hazardous materials and equipment
- Inspects company facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Leads and performs Job Safety Analysis and ergonomics reviews
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on hazardous materials
- Maintain/purchase personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Coordinate case management with Human Resources
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Conduct monthly safety meetings; document and publish required tasks and outcomes
- Conduct daily walk through of plant to identify and remedy any/all unsafe processes or acts
- Develop safety task list to improve equipment processes and procedures; work with Maintenance to fabricate and implement changes
- Maintain 100% environmental compliance and company EPA hazardous waste records
- Maintains safety files and records
- Coordinate with HR to educate and train probationary employees on company safety culture.
- 2-4 year degree in Business Management, Industrial Management or equivalent experience.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in related safety position.
- Demonstrated high tolerance for strong and insightful interpersonal, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Effective decision maker
- Proven ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning ability with proven results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Team player
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel programs
Dominant Physical Requirements & Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Withstand temperatures from 20 degrees to 100 degrees. Functions will be completed both indoors and outdoors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- OSHA General Industry Safety and Health (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred))