Large, well established, multi facility food manufacturer is looking for an experienced Safety, Food Defense, and Security Coordinator. Offering nice salary and benefits.
I have attached the job description below for your review.
Job Summary: Primary responsibilities include the development and administration of plant wide safety and occupational health, food defense, and security programs including policy statement, formation and operation of safety committees, safety surveys, supervisory and employee safety training programs, and accident investigation procedures. Coordinate with outside safety and health, food defense and security agencies and maintain compliance with local, state, and federal safety and health requirements. Conduct quarterly audits of all locations in conjunction with the Corporate Audit Team. Also administer workers’ compensation activities between employees and health care professionals. Direct further care, oversee HCP activities and monitor plans of action for MMI status.
· Safe plant and machinery, and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
· Adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities and support.
· Provision of suitable and current information and supervision concerning health and safety policies and practices.
· Proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
· Provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
· Liaison as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
· The workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
· Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
· Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems.
· Oversee workers’ compensation activities.