The successful candidate will be high energy, detail oriented and hands-on. A strong background in Food or Beverage manufacturing is necessary.
We are a 30 year old squeezed fresh authentic juice company that acts like a start up - entering the second generation of family members. We are building the succession team to compliment our rapid growth. As we grow and add on new product lines it is essential we maintain the employee safety and the quality we started the company with.
The Environmental Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Must have a strong background in safety that would oversee OSHO compliance, fire hazard safety, hazardous materials, industrial powered equipment, driver (DOT) compliance, fleet safety, confined space entry program and safety training.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required
- Five years of related experience preferred.