Are you interested in leading R&D Packaging projects? Sabra is looking for an R&D Packaging Engineer to run Packaging innovation projects for its core line of products. As part of a broader R&D team, the ideal person will be a hands-on, detail oriented and self-starter with proven CPG or Food & Beverage rigid plastic packaging experience and strong project management skills.
Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Work with Marketing and other key stakeholders to design, develop and commercialize new packaging designs
- Manage suppliers, including packaging materials vendors, converters and co-packers, to develop and qualify new or modified packaging designs
- Develop testing and full qualification plans; conduct packaging lab experiments and testing, data analysis and shipping & handling tests
- Coordinate and lead plant trials for the evaluation and qualification of new packages or packaging changes
- Develop and issue packaging materials and packaging process specifications, testing, production trial and inspection reports, SOPs, and other required technical documentation per project requirements
- Travel requirements are estimated at an average of around 20% of the time
Recipe for Success
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical or Packaging Engineering, or related field preferred (Master’s Degree strongly preferred)
- 8 years minimum experience in Packaging R&D for CPG, Food & Beverage or related industries, including successful commercialization of new packages
- Working knowledge of rigid plastic materials and converting technologies, like plastics injection molding or thermoforming. Proven experience in the development, production scale qualification and commercialization or new rigid plastic packaging for high volume consumer products
- Proven experience in project management and timelines development
- Time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects while staying focused on high priority programs
- Hands on attitude in order to execute testing, create rapid prototypes and conduct plant trials
- Proven experience in planning and conducting Packaging experiments and testing at a lab, pilot and production scale, including metrology, mechanical performance and distribution testing
- Experience in writing technical documentation, including specifications, technical reports and SOPs
- Familiar with filling and packaging line equipment technologies for rigid plastics, including volumetric and gravimetric fillers, heat sealers, pressure sensitive labeling, cartoning, and case-packing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work within cross-functional teams and manage projects with suppliers
- Basic knowledge of statistics principles, including design of experiments and process capability assessment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working experience with secondary packaging and palletizing software like TOPS or Cape Pack
- Working experience with 3D CAD systems (e.g. Solid Works, Catia, Autodesk)
- Experience in Stage Gate processes
- Advanced knowledge of statistical tools
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.