Route Sales Professional
Employment Type: Regular
Location: SAINT JOSEPH,MO
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Route Sales Professional represents BBU in the market, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions through world class market execution.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze sales data to help drive brand growth with customers through increased sales and the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail to ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Investigate, create and follow through on all growth opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business within the route territory.
- Execution of world class merchandising to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
- Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers#39; established service frequency patterns.
- Utilize the order management tools (order management program, promotional and holiday planning information) while making independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are being sold and delivered.
- Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
- Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- Correctly completed DOT logs and submits other documentation and paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in DSD or direct sales (previous experience in route sales is a plus).
- Demonstrate passion to achieve results and work well with others.
- Strong motivation to build customer relationships and achieve Route Sales Professional and company goals.
- Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus.
- Strong work ethic; able to work independently.
- Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication along with interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency is required.
- A valid driver#39;s license is required and able to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis, as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
- Must be able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.