Do you want to make a positive contribution to your family, the environment and our community? VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry
that our customers love. We#39;re looking for people who share our dedication and vision.
A Retail Sales Team Member is responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties;
greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information. Individual responsibilities may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, assisting in
the display of merchandise or organizing the selling floor and stock areas, packaging meat products, tracking and maintaining store and freezer inventory, and regular sanitation of work area.
A Retail Sales Team Member must process payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards. Developing product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Staying current with promotional events and sales. A potential candidate will be a mature individual with life experience, and the ability to think on their feet and problem-solve effectively. They will be independent in terms of reliable transportation and
demonstrate skillful time management and attendance dependability. A potential candidate is one who displays a willingness to learn or possesses prior knowledge of meat cuts and has a pleasant disposition conducive to a sales-oriented environment enabling them to approach customer needs
with the courtesy and professionalism that demonstrates our Company#39;s sincere and enthusiastic commitment to our customers.
This position will be a 4 day work week with full-time hours
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Customer service focus
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
Retail Sales Associate top skills & proficiencies:
? Customer Service
? Math Skills
? Product Knowledge
? Attention to Detail
? Time Management
? Team Player
? Written and Verbal Communication
? Interpersonal Skills
? Problem Solving VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and
accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent / Salary: $15.00 /hour