American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a dairy farmer funded organization in the northeast region is looking to hire a Retail Merchandising Specialist. ADANE is responsible for building the demand for the sale of milk and dairy products to consumers within the region which includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and four counties in northern Virginia.
The Retail Merchandising Specialist carries out the mission of ADANE by encouraging the consumption of milk and dairy products through advertising, education, and promotion opportunities to consumers. This position helps to increase retail milk sales to consumers utilizing Retail Merchandising Marketing Program (RMMP) resources from store audit programs. The Retail Merchandising Specialist performs quarterly audits on assigned retailers and increase merchandise space to increase dairy sales. Working closely with store personnel the Retail Merchandising Specialist creates the ideal dairy case and introduces new merchandising concepts through ADANE retail initiatives.
- Conducts and implements all assigned RMMP audits and planograms for milk and dairy products. Generate reports showing data collection on out of stocks, case hygiene, case temperatures and product condition for dairy case readiness. Make sound fact based tested merchandising recommendations to improve or increase space allocation devoted to the sale of milk and milk-based products. Set up and secure cross merchandising space allocation of products in other departments across the store.
- Makes store visits to review all transmitted store dairy data daily and all tasks to be performed. With the use of a smartphone, will download the daily assigned store visitation schedule and task to be performed at all identified stores. Daily updates will be made to the store visit spreadsheet (planogram log).
- Educate and train store personnel on hygiene and merchandising techniques. Promote awareness and adherence to retailer’s corporate milk policy. Monitor and complete revisits to stores for additional training and support on other retail dairy-based initiatives.
- Present store audit report summaries to Store Managers/Dairy Managers to review and discuss store performances.
- Assist with Dairy Aisle Reinvention (DAR), survey resets, installations and monitoring of periodic maintenance and report back to Directors of potential stores that could benefit from the Dairy Aisle Reinvention. Work on other retail projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Two to four plus years of retail grocery/dairy and marketing experience.
- Experience in retail grocery merchandising is a must
- Must have use of reliable personal vehicle to travel to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Daily travel during the regular scheduled work week.
- Occasional weekend and overnight travel.
- Duties require frequent local, regional, and multi –state travel.
- Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of ADANE
Skills and Abilities
- High proficiency use of computers skills with word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skilled in organizing, planning, and establishing priorities to meet deadlines and goals.
- Presents information and respond to questions in a clear concise manner.
- Designs, develops, implement, and evaluate programs and projects.
- Creates and deliver both oral and written presentations.
- Manages multiple projects and pay attention to details.
- Composes, designs and edit written reports and correspondences.
- Effectively lead projects and programs from planning to successful implementation and completion.
- Knowledgeable of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Develop and implement new strategies and procedures as well as formulate policies.
- Must be a self-starter and reliable.
- Maintains excellent record keeping systems and procedures.
- Adaptable and have flexibility in the daily work routine.
The work location for the position will be home based within the western Pennsylvania area of the American Dairy Association North East region.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter.