Mexilink is a leading full-service importer, master U.S. distributor and nationwide marketer of prominent consumer packaged goods throughout the Us omnichannel marketplace. With deep industry knowledge in the Hispanic and General Markets, Mexilink provides partner brands a comprehensive 360-degree strategy to grow market share in the US from importation to consumption. From Tajin Seasonings and Dolores Tuna to Unilever and PepsiCo Mexilink proudly represents these and other market leading brand and industry leading companies.
Retail Execution Coordinator – Bilingual
The Retail Execution Coordinator oversees store execution of all merchandising service within a territory, ensures process and procedures are followed and that all store activities are aligned with company guidelines. This position impacts the company by leading the team and company to success. This Team Member must act with Mexilink, Inc. core values in mind: Passion, teamwork, loyalty, family, respect, and integrity.
This associate supervises the team follows established routes, and reports in Storecheck store activity according to company guidelines and supports successful sales and operations of the store.
Candidate must have extensive retail management experience and possess excellent organization, administration, and communicative skills to be considered for this role. This position reports into the POS Execution Manager.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate all accounts and ensure compliance to all MEXILINK merchandising standards.
- Train and supervise efficient working of merchant community and perform weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews with merchandising teams according to KPIs.
- Reviews profitability of routes, measuring and classifying current stores by type of store (based on Sales: Type A, B C, etc.) Store Traffic, sales potential for our brands, and the strength of the relation with store personnel.
- Ensure promotions implementation at point of sale are accurate vs. what has been agreed by the Sales team for each customer in alignment with the region’s promotional planer, ensure all brand initiatives are communicated via “Implementation Execution Guide” by the Brand Manager.
- Ensure compliance to all company polices and implement processes accordingly.
- Assist in driving sales, company initiatives, and company culture throughout the region based on promotional planner for each brand.
- Ensures daily operations are aligned with region, retailer, and brand priorities.
- Create route scheduling for team members within your area and collaborate with management to execute store plans and priorities. Ensures that store visits follow programmed schedule and approves changes in scheduling to accomplish merchandising and execution goals. Optimizes routes
- Implement pricing, distribution, and POG audits, and communicate to corporate any variation in pricing vs brand guidelines.
- Assist team members implementing displays when necessary.
- Ensures team members have necessary tools and POS materials for in store execution.
- Attend trade shows to identify new services and products, providing a report.
- Evaluate self-on-the-job performance, as well as other staff
- Identify market trends and new products that appeal to customers and communicate to corporate.
- Ensure that teams are following basic merchandising principles for shelves and for secondary displays and in tune with company’s standards and directions from his/her supervisor.
- Proficient in utilizing computers, apps and software provided to generate performance, result reports and analysis as requested
- Make sure that health and safety measures are met for all team members
- Handle and follow up on all customer complaints, issues, and questions until resolution.
- Utilize computers to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
- Monitor local competitors regarding promotional activity, innovation, and brand activation.
- Ensure hours of operation comply vs plan, evaluating that assign routes and portfolio needs are present at each store.
- Executes on the filed audits measuring process adherence and individual performance.
You should have:
- Previous field expertise (minimum of 5 years of field experience).
- Bi-lingual (English – Spanish) is a must.
- Previous experience in holding a leadership role within a field sales or field operations team.
- Knowledge of the retail landscape of the market or geographical area in which this position will operate.
- Relations with retail management or operations personnel in the market or geographical area where his position will operate.
- Must possess a valid driving license.
- Bi-lingual (English – Spanish) is a must.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated people skills and team leadership.
- Capable in establishing positive and collaborative relations and understanding of how to effectively influence people’s behavior in a work environment.
- Must possess a continuous improvement mentality.
- Ability to motivate and develop Associates at all levels teaching them to cope with frustration and how to solve potential obstacles.
- Must understand the importance of exercising customer service as the main driver of all his decisions.
- Must be able to work for at least 8 hours a day on the field, sometimes in office environments, and operate a vehicle.
- Ability to work with smart phones, laptops, and internet connections. Must have PC skills, including the ability to use Storecheck online database to create reports and to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of lifting at least 50lbs
- Capable of driving for long periods of time
- Ability to concentrate in front a computer for some periods of time
- Capable of moving and lifting heavy objects such as (cases of products, pallets, displays, etc.)
- Skin may be in contact with some of the following products: cleansing products and personal safety products such as sanitizing gel, and towelettes.
- Must wear protective gloves, face masks, and other protective equipment deemed necessary by MXL, by the customers, or by City or State Government. Capable of securely use corrugate cutters, scissors, and other materials or tools needed to execute daily merchandising chores at store level or at warehouse environments.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
- Store environment including sales floor, warehouse or stock room.
- Moderate to crowded spaces (e.g. sales floors of a typical grocery store).
- Noise level and social interaction representatives of the typical grocery and retail environment.
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long- and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.