General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the operation of the restaurant. This includes achievement of sales and profit plans, and adherence to Goldbergs operational standards. Oversees all aspects of hiring and training quality staff, ensuring guest service standards, and restaurant atmosphere standards. Manages and controls all operational costs, budgets, and assures consistency and quality of all food and beverage products.
Principal Duties / Key Result Areas
Works with management team and staff in identifying sales opportunities
Monitors the restaurant operation, Guest and employee satisfaction and maintenance of Goldbergs brand standards, and makes adjustments accordingly in order to achieve sales goals.
Accountable for achieving annual financial plans (i.e.: restaurant profit and controllable costs). Monitors results against these plans and takes corrective action with management and staff where necessary.
Monitors restaurant inventory in order to assess and control loss.
Identifies cost-saving opportunities to maximize total revenue.
3. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Supervises, trains, coaches, and appraises all staff
Communicates with management to assess employee attitude, morale, and execution of standards
Promotes a culture of learning, career advancement, and internal promotions
Ensures a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
4. ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTING
Responsible for supervising all accounting, cash handling, record keeping, and reporting procedures of the restaurant
Ensures office and administrative organization as per company guidelines.
5. OPERATIONAL PROGRAMS
Works with overall staff in ensuring that Goldbergs operational standards are maintained in such areas as: quality, service, image, management effectiveness, etc.
Three to Five years experience as a Restaurant Manager
Experience with scheduling and training
Strong communication and guest relations skills
Demonstrated Leadership skills with a hospitality orientation
Experience with purchasing, receiving, and inventory of food and restaurant supplies
Proficient computer skills.
* Knowledge sets include: restaurant manager, general manager.
* Applicants preferred to have at least a High school diploma or equivalent
* Applicants must have at least 2 years experience
* Applicants must hold a Regular driving license
* Applicants preferred to hold HACCP and SERVE SAFE
* Applicants are preferred to have language skills in Spanish at Limited working proficiency level
* A criminal background check will be required on applicants
Job salary and benefits
* Salary range $50000.00 - $65000.00 Yearly
* Normal working days: weekdays and weekends
* Normal work shifts: First (day)
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
* Salaried "Exempt" position
Job recruitment information
* How to apply: email Resume.