Research & Development Food Technologist
Join our Grandma Hoerner’s team….A team that dreams big and strives to never settle for anything less than great!
GH Foods, Inc. is a bottling processing facility that has a team that creates, and produces natural and organic delicious foods. We have been providing our products for our nation’s top grocery retailers for 30+ years.
We are currently looking for an outstanding candidate for our R & D Food Technologist position. We offer an opportunity to work with a company that has stability and resources of long-term employment. This position will support the brand and vision by developing the visual presentation of the Grandma Hoerner’s and Big Slice brands.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
- The R&D Food Technologist position plays a fundamental role as a cross-functional team member, connecting with Sales/Marketing, Operations, and Technical Services/Quality Assurance. With limited supervision, this position must prioritize timelines for new product development, evaluation and improvement of existing products, maintaining of product/plant certifications, researching industry trends and new technology, supporting food safety standards, and continued education and training of production cook staff. to participate in and lead cross-functional product development activities resulting in meeting company goals for cost savings, quality improvements and new product innovations.
- Development of new products and improvements of existing Grandma Hoerner’s products.
- Assuring that product quality, marketing, and product development meet company requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in ingredient formulation and processing research.
- Test new ingredient concepts; work with purchasing to make ingredient modifications where appropriate.
- Improve and develop extensions to existing brands using laboratory bench top, and full scale manufacturing systems.
- Develop and support maintenance of specifications.
- Provide technical support to operations to continuously improve quality.
- Monitor product performance and quality through sensory, customer/consumer feedback, and other sources.
- Work with appropriate resources to develop documentation necessary for meeting production and product goals.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Proven innovation and creativity.
- Ability to work effectively in team-based environment with multiple functional groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines, and communicating status.
- B.S. in Food Science or like degree required
- HACCP Certification
- Better Process Controls School Certification
- Labeling Compliance
- Knowledge on ingredient usage in the natural and organic channel
- Shelf life studies
- Ability for some travel is expected (<20%)
- Ability to lift 25 kg
- Must have no known food allergies.
- Master's degree in Food Science
- PCQI Certification
- Experience with Nutrition Labeling and organic certification
Grandma Hoerner’s is located off of I-70 just a few miles from Manhattan.
We are family owned and operated, and we care about you. Grandma Hoerner’s is always closed on Sundays for Family and Faith.
You can expect that we are the type of environment that is safe and fair, and because of that, we are a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Join our team because we are a rock-solid brand in a culture of teamwork and fun!